NEW IDEA FOR MY BLOG

I've been trying to come up with a creative idea for blogging, especially after discovering la Ketch's blog and becoming envious of how funny and cool she is/her writing is, etc. What is unique about me? What would make people actually want to read about my life? Then I realised something that makes me very different from most people pursuing a Ph.D. in Musicology (actually, the fact that I'm a musicologist makes me very different, but that's another story).

I WAS HOMESCHOOLED MY ENTIRE LIFE.

Yes, that's right. I am former homeschooler, a product of rural, fundamentalist, conservative America. However, rather than just getting married and popping out babies, I am now living the life of a libertarian, philosophizing, Greenpeace and Sierra Club-supporting, theory-spouting academic. So, that's what I'm going to write about in my blog. I'm going to tell you all about what its like to grow up as a homeschooler in a fundamental, conservative, Christian family ... and how I got out and starting thinking for myself. And survived relatively unscathed and normal (whatever 'normal' means and signifies, I have no idea).

Stay tuned if you dare... :)

Comments

Popular Posts